23.7.10

The Tate Modern by Aaron Lopez



I have to say that this was one of my favorite things to see in London. The exposed exhibition was, in my opinion, brilliant and put together beautifully. Exposed: Voyeurism, Surveillance and the Camera, was basically about how we as a society have been put in front of a camera. From our cell phone cameras, to videos, to surveillance. It brings up the idea of our society being one of voyerism. It struck great interest in me because as someone who people watches and sneaks in photos here and there could relate to the topic. I'm all about people notcing things about eachother without the other person actually noticing that the other person is. It was really a great exhibtion, so great that I bought the catalog for a whopping 25 pounds. haha The exibition displayed artwork from the likes of Walker Evans, Nan Goldin, WeeGee and many more.

Aaron Lopez
Woodbury University
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment