23.7.10

Dusk till Dawn Photo Expedition by Elizabeth Sweeney



The dusk to dawn photo shoot was a particular part of the trip I was really excited about. As a fan of night photography I thought, what better place to capture then the exciting nightlife of the London city. We began by walking a few blocks to a nearby deli and getting a later dinner. After filling out stomachs with warm Paninis and piping hot Americanos we began our night walk. I loved all of the lights that were on in the city. Illuminating window displays, empty diner rooms, hallways and building fronts I captured the yellow-red tones that I thought define classic London. Throughout the night I continued ‘capturing light’ through reflections in puddles, abandoned streets, and window fronts. Around 5am the sun started to rise. The sky was filled with a surreal teal-blue and the streets were quiet. When the walk began to wind down I began capturing historic London buildings with the light sky and pale yellow illuminating lights. By the end of the walk I was completely satisfied with the images I had captured and was ready for a long mornings rest.









Elizabeth Sweeney
Woodbury University
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment