23.7.10

My visual/cultural experience by Ambar Gomez






The fact that we treated the two weeks we were in London as “student photographers” and not tourists changed everything. It forced me to look closer at the city and the culture. There were a lot of things that I expected to see when I arrived in London, the double decker buses, the London Eye, old fashioned taxis, and the changing of the guards. Each day we went out and did things that tourists would do and things that tourists wouldn’t do, but I feel like we gained so much more than just getting a picture next to Big Ben. We explored the city by day and by night. We interacted with people who live in London. We visited museums, which inspired me in ways that words cannot describe. I will never forget London, it changed me as a photographer and as a designer.


Ambar Gomez,
Woodbury University,
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment