23.7.10

getting here by Brenda Ordaz

Time was flying by as London was approaching. I hopped on the train from the Santa Ana train station on my way to San Diego to catch our flight.  We arrived at the airport early morning, Liz, Ambar and I.  We sat next to each other on the airplane and it was the longest flight of my life. We first arrived to Philly then to London. As we got our luggage's, we had to exchange money in order for us to take the tube. Luckily for us Ambar printed info, for us to get to the dorm. We got our oyster card and hopped on the tube. It was a long train ride! I realized that there was so many people on the train that it was hard for us to get our luggage out when we arrived at our destination. When we were out on the street we were clueless on which way to go, so we asked for directions.   The dorm was a few blocks away, it was hot outside and carrying suitcases was not a good idea. When we hit a block I realized that my suitcase wasn't rolling correctly, I was struggling the whole time. I was getting tired and I just wanted to get to the dorms and shower as I was drenched in sweat! Then we ran in to Jen, Lelia and Brian as they told us that we had to head the other direction and run into a brown building. So as we walked, I dragged my suitcase to the building. We arrived at the dorms and it was such a relief to be there. We took suitcases up to our rooms, and noticed that the rooms were pink! I unpacked all my stuff and headed towards the showers. A little later we went out to get dinner but everything was closed early. After getting lost for a little bit, we eventually we found a place to eat. We went back to our dorms and went to sleep early for our big day in the city!

Brenda Ordaz
Woodbury University
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment