23.7.10

portebello road by Jenn Nassef

Directions to Portebello Road...
1. Take underground to Notting Hill station
2. Once out of the station, follow the crowd

And that is exactly what you do. Portebello Road is simply the place to be on the weekend, filled with endless antiques, hand made jewelry and trinkets, and a sea of both visitors and locals for miles.
The sound of local musicians intoxicate the roar of the crowd as they mingle with those around them in search of the best deals and rare finds.
Not only was the air filled with the gentle sound of the acoustic guitars and the passionate lyrics expressed by local musicians, but the aroma of sweet crepes and fresh bruschetta invaded the streets. Not to mention the most delicious sprinkle doughnut I indulged myself in. Let's just say I am thankful for the fact that we had to walk so far to reach the end of this market, I was able to walk off maybe a fourth of this sinful pleasure. Along the way I was also able to pick up a few treasures here and there for family and friends back at home. Easily you could spend the entire day there going from one booth to the next digging and rummaging. The atmosphere of Portebello road is just so enjoyable being out in the fresh air amongst the people of London and it's visitors. I spent two visits during my trip here in order to take in as much as I possibly could. It's a place where you could just simply lose your head!

Jenn Nassef
Woodbury University
Graphic Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment