23.7.10

Letterpress by Jenni Vo






Before coming to London, I was clueless as to what letterpress was. I think that because of today's digital age, we lose a lot of detail and hand-made work. I think that letter-pressing is a lot more beautiful and unique compared to printing of today. It's not perfect or too linear and not as static, which gives typography much more of a unique kick. No two prints are ever the same and that is what makes letter-pressed work one-of-a-kind. With Letter press, one can be very experimental and sometimes one can make happy-mistakes that create cool textures and amazing creations. I really had a wonderful time at the Letter Press Workshop and I hope that one day I will have another opportunity to learn more and put it in use in the future.


-Jenni Vo
Woodbury University
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment