23.7.10

My Visual/Cultural Experience by Aaron Lopez






So, It's my last day here in LONDON! It's been a great journey, full of unforgettable memories. The only regret is not spending my pounds wisely. haha. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the company of my fellow Woodbury classmates. There were some ups and downs, highs and lows, and times of feeling dead tired. Walking around London, I realized that the world really is a small place. Many of my classmates met people that were from California and some of them even ran into people they knew. It was crazy. It only took a day to get accustomed to the vast city of London. It felt so much like LA. The best moments for me were the photo exhibitions. Exposed at the TATE MODERN, Sally Mann at the PHOTOGRAPHERS GALLERY, and the Wolfgang Tillman at The SERPENTINE. It was amazing seeing work by artist that inspire me to take photographs. The 3-day letter press workshop was also another favorite. The simple Galley Press was my favorite thing to use. I couldn't stop thinking of things to do with it. London is a great city and the small things make it better. The pubs, the laughs, the drinks, and the friends made this trip amazing. London should expect many more visits from me in the future.

-Aaron Lopez
Woodbury University
Graphic Design

No comments:

Post a Comment