23.7.10

Serpentine and Photographers Galleries by Kristine Edinchikyan





Since we were trying to be as prepared for our night shoot as possible Niku and Graham thought it would be best for us to have as light a day as possible. Half the group went with Graham and the rest of us spent the day with Niku going to a couple of galleries. I figured it was just going to be a light day so I wasnt prepared for all the great art I was about to experience. First we went to the Serpentine Gallery where we saw the Wolfgang Tillsman exhibit. It was so amazing to see his large abstract images in person, it was a completely different feeling than seeing them on the computer screen. When we were leaving the exhibit me and Niku stopped by at a stand where they were recording peoples heartbeats for a Christian Boltansky piece. We both decided to participate in the piece and were given CD's of our heartbeats afterwards. After that we went to the Photographers Gallery where we got to see one of my favorite photographers work. They had some of Sally Mann's best photographs on display. I couldn't believe that i was finally seeing her work after admiring it for so long! From all of the galleries we went to in London I was probably most enamored by this one.






Kristine Edinchikyan



Architecture
Woodbury University

No comments:

Post a Comment