23.7.10

My visual/cultural experience by Elizabeth Sweeney

I had never traveled outside of the country before so in all honesty, I wasn’t sure what to expect. All I knew was I wanted to take it all in. I signed up for my visa, packed my bags, boarded a plane and began a trip that I didn’t know what to expect or what to prepare for. Shortly after arriving I immediately fell in love with the city. People that surrounded us in the subway were so eager to start conversations, help carry bags and give good directions. After settling in, the first thing I wanted to do was leave my tainted-pink room behind and explore the city. Ever since then, I hadn’t stopped. This trip opened my eyes to all of the opportunities and possibilities outside of the states that only London could offer. The rich history, architecture, and graphics that the city had to offer were breathtaking and unforgettable. The culture, adventures, and encounters were worth all of the overtime shifts I had to suffer through to afford such a trip. Through this experience my perspective on life and design changed and altered to a standard I could integrate daily and to an experience I would never forget.



Elizabeth Sweeney
Woodbury University
Graphic Design


No comments:

Post a Comment